Sometimes women turn to me who do not necessarily want to lose weight. They turn because they notice they can not keep up with everyone on the family trip or even walking on the street. If you suffer from pain in your legs or knees, sometimes it is a feeling of broken walking, while it seems that for others walking was not difficult at all. There are those who feel that with seemingly minimal activity her pulse is rising, she is panting, sweating, reddening in the face, while it seems that for others, the activity is really easy! Anyone who says that once when she went up the stairs she would do it easily, but today, you have to stop on the second floor. Or even if she manages to climb all the floors in a row, she must stop for a few minutes and adjust her breathing before she enters the house.
And there are other phenomena. In the past I could play with my little son on the carpet, but today I can not sit on the floor. And when she does manage to sit down, she can not get up. And more.
So what can you do?
Here are 5 tools to help you improve your fitness, stop breathing from activities that were previously easy for you, and help you be energetic and active.
- It is very important to start gradually – and most importantly – to do what is possible to do, easy to do and enjoyable to do. If walking today is difficult for me, then I will start with a short walk.
The most common question people ask about sports is, “How much am I supposed to do?” “How much sport do I need to do?” No such thing should! There is no such thing as supposed! It’s true that there is an ideal, it’s true that there are guidelines, but if the guidelines say I have to do 5 times a week 30 minutes each time, and I do not have time for that. I manage to do 20 minutes twice a week. This is far from the recommendation. I will feel a sense of failure if it is “all I can do” and it is likely that it will despair me, and I will stop. But 20 minutes twice a week is 40 minutes more of activity, compared to nothing! I’ll do, if I stop. Therefore, it is better to do what you can than not to do at all. And general knowledge, 60 min per week (10 min per day, ie) reduces the mortality rate for any reason by 20%. So even 10 minutes a day is preferable to not doing at all.
- Assuming we understood Section 1. We know now that everything I can do from what is written here, even if I do not succeed, is excellent !! The main thing is that I do more than I do today.
So the second important thing to do is to combine aerobic exercise with muscle strengthening. Aerobic exercise will improve our cardio-pulmonary endurance, allow us to walk more easily, climb the stairs, and strengthen the muscles will allow us to do things like stand up or raise our children on our hands. You can also use Gymnastic bars – which is an excellent tool for aerobic exercise. Its relatively cheap and can be adjusted for any age, and you can use it for lower back exercises. Another way you can use it to strengthen your leg muscles to help us walk faster. Although the work is on different fibers of the muscle.
- There are different components of our physical fitness, which are not usually referred to as flexibility, balance, etc. Therefore, you should also work on them – for example, you can try to put socks on one leg instead of sitting, Etc. Thus, we will improve more fully, our daily functioning, avoid injuries, falls and ease our routine activities.
- It is important to practice the specific activity that is difficult for us. In the first few weeks of exercise, even before our muscles begin to get stronger, the body gets used to the movement itself and slowly “beats” it. In other words, most of the energy that the body invests in training will be for adaptation to movement. This means that if my ultimate goal is to go so that in three months’ time I will be able to travel with my partner abroad, I should combine walking with my training, but if I want to go up the stairs without panting, I can do walking training, Of climbing the stairs, so that I will improve my heart’s endurance, but I will also train on the specific movement I am interested in strengthening.
- Of course, and how can you without … Motivation over time !!! Many times, we start with a lot of motivation !! Make a decision! Buy clothes !! They begin intensive training and feel great !! But once you begin to get into a certain routine, the excitement of the beginning passes. And we’re beginning to feel … routine.
And routine, well … Routine is very … routine. And sometimes we get to breaking point. Sometimes it’s too hard for us. And we start to think twice before we go out to practice. At first, we think twice, and yet go out to practice. And then comes the stage where it’s too hard for us, we feel more tired, and then we think twice before we go out to practice and do not go out to practice, and then we start to feel we’ve let ourselves down.
The fifth and last thing I want to talk about, and perhaps most important, is to remember that half is better than nothing. If I’ve been running for half an hour, I can go for a walk, and that’s okay. It is better than full run at all. If I have been walking for 45 minutes, I can do 15 minutes and it will be fine. If I have practiced 3 times a week, I can only practice one or two weeks.
And try to remember, why I started the training !! What was really my motive. Why should I bother at all and leave the house in this cold ???
And if all this does not help, you can try to change the activity. Maybe she no longer excites me as in the beginning ?? So fitness training is not a Catholic wedding !! It is possible to divorce the type of training we chose, and to choose a new and different training. It is possible, like in a relationship, to try and refresh it. If until today I ran on a track, make a run outside. If I went to Pilates today, you could try Zumba.
And if I’m excited again and happy for my activity, then I’ll have more fun doing it J and if I have more fun doing it, then there’s more chance I’ll be.